Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 1: 30 Days of Biking

About to Set Out
I'd made the decision to try the #30DaysofBiking, but when it came down to the actual first day I didn't think it was going to happen. This morning I drove back from Lincoln City, Oregon to home after an exhausting and fantastic writing workshop. It rained the whole way home.

I was thrilled to get home, but there were things to get done. Shopping, for one. Back into the car and off doing that, then back and dinner and time with the family. It just didn't seem like I was going to get on the bike.

But then the clouds pulled back. The sun came out. I saw Kent Peterson's Biking Around the Lake on an Allant and I thought why not? How long would it take to ride a quick loop up into town, check the PO box, and then ride down the trail back home? Not much time at all.

Snatching the chance I changed, grabbed the Marlin, stopping just long enough for my wife to snap a picture and then I was off. A chilly wind blew across my hands, the only part other than my ears that was cold, but I figured I'd warm up and I wasn't going back for my gloves.

It  felt great to get on the bike. Well, except  for the toe I bruised a few weeks back. That bugged me a bit, but not enough to put too much of a damper on the ride. I took the roads around to the post office, nothing but junk in the box, and then I was back on the bike heading down the trail.

The clouds in the sky came alive with the rich colors of the sunset. My cell doesn't take the best pictures but I did stop to take a couple snaps.



The pictures really don't do the clouds justice but it was a nice ride. Now the question is, will I ride tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment