Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 2: 30 Days of Biking

On Monday I looked out at a partly cloudy sky, some wind, and a forecast that the high would hit 60°F! How could I resist?

I got everything together and headed out. A bit chilly, but I was thinking about that forecast.

Sun Rising
The ride to work went well, I felt pretty good even though I haven't been riding these kind of distances often. I was tired when I arrived, but not too bad.

After a long day of work I headed out into a much warmer day. Instead of layers I just wore my cycling shorts and short-sleeved jersey. I felt pretty good heading out, but I could feel I was tired. Even so, a great day to ride.

Grayish Day
My energy reserves sapped away the last few miles. I was hungry and feeling like I might totally bonk, but what was the point in stopping? It wouldn't get me home any faster so I kept moving at a slower pace. The last steep little hill at our road was tough, but I made it up. Made it home.

Not doing that again tomorrow. I'll try to get out and ride, but a shorter distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment