Monday, July 18, 2011

Yelm Prairie Line Trail

Yelm Bound
This morning I rode down the Yelm-Tenino Trail all the way to Yelm and then went across the street and headed down the Yelm Prairie Line Trail, just as far as the trail head and parking at 1st. Turned around there and rode back. It was a nice cool morning, mostly sunny with scattered clouds. I felt strong and the ride went well. Before I left I realigned my boom which took care of the chain-dropping problem I had yesterday. I still need to tweak the brakes a bit to get them right, but they work so that's good. Lots of bunnies out today!


As rides go this isn't a particularly challenging or lengthy ride, but that's okay. I'm working on getting out each day to ride or run. It's easy on a beautiful day like today. What's more of a challenge is running or riding in the rain, cold, etc. I need to get used to adverse conditions. As part of that my assumption these days is that I'm going out. The weather doesn't matter. Usually once I'm out in the rain I don't mind it at all, it's just overcoming that mental barrier first.


Yelm Prairie Line Trail Head
In any case, a good way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment