Saturday, August 27, 2011

Timberland Regional Library: Yelm

At Yelm Library
I've checked off another library building on my list of Timberland Regional Libraries to visit by bicycle! Yelm is actually the closest library to me, so this was a nice ride, but not too long. Great for helping me get used to the mountain bike.

I woke up at the crack of dawn and walked the dogs. After they were done I got ready and headed out on the bike. I'm planning a big day of writing so I wanted to get my riding done early. Plus I love early morning hours when it's cool and the sun is just coming up.

Down the Yelm-Tenino Trail
I headed out down the Yelm-Tenino Trail, not exactly a tough ride! Beautiful morning for a ride along the trail!

Cows in the Fog
The trail runs about five miles to Yelm. When I got to the end of the line I headed up E Yelm Ave / HWY 507 until I reached Clark Rd and road over to the library to get the shot. When I finished that I headed over past the cinemas to West Rd / Stevens Ave down to 1st and then on back to the trail which I took to home again.

Nice, easy ride. I didn't push too hard. My seat still isn't used to the saddle, but with only a few rides that doesn't surprise me. Despite that I'm having fun. Should get another library checked off soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment