Monday, August 26, 2013

Reboot


I'd like to say I've been riding, and running, and it'd be the truth. I have. I'm at 54.93 miles for the month of August. It's the most I've done since I February and March this year. When I last posted in April I had planned to bike every day and then the impact of doing two jobs hit home. With the longer commute I simply didn't have time. The second job ended in June and I've gradually been doing more each month since.

Weight Drags Me Down

The trouble with getting back into exercising regularly, and eating better, is that I've put on quite a few pounds this year. I'm back up nearly at the heaviest I've weighed. It's like I've picked up a big bag of dog food and am trying to get out and run or bike lugging that around. No wonder people end up in a cycle of gaining weight and exercising less, which leads to more weight gain, and so on until getting up off the couch is a chore.

I'm not making as much progress as I'd like. I've tracked my weight since June 30th and it has gone up and down. In the end? No progress. I'm going to start figuring out what I want to eat, based mostly on a paleo/primal approach, and ease into that. I'm also getting back into riding, running, and aping around again (using the Gorilla Workout). In addition to tracking weight changes, I'm going to take weekly pictures of myself to compare how things change.

Today's Ride

I went out for a loop around home on local streets. It started on the Yelm-Tenino Trail and then went out in a loop that took me out around us and back up through town to the trail again, and then home. Along the way I saw this little donkey in a field. He ran along the fence wanting to get a good look at this strange person on a trike with flags waving. He came up and got a good look while I took the picture. Didn't seem scared at all. Fun ride, some good hills that took some effort to climb (really not in shape). Cars on the road gave me wide berth, there wasn't any shoulder or anything on these roads. 

I'd like to think I'll be more consistent about this going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment